Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Italy. Nomnomnomnomnom

Photobucket

Italy!

I made Italian rolled flank steak and sweet and sour squash.

Flank steak:

Photobucket

First I butterflied the flank steak.

Photobucket

I also roasted the bell pepper in the broiler.

Photobucket

Then I laid out across the marinated flank steak the red peppers, basil leaves, pepper, prosciutto, fresh grated Parmesan and parsley.

Photobucket

I rolled it, tied it and baked for 40 minutes:

Photobucket

Finished:

Photobucket

Sweet and sour pumpkin:

Photobucket

I fried the squash in garlic infused olive oil until done:

Photobucket

I made a balsalmic vinegar reduction with sugar for a sweet and sour sauce, then drizzled the squash with it and topped with fresh chopped mint:

Photobucket

With a nice Chianti:

Photobucket

Delicious. My favorite so far, and half way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment