Monday, October 3, 2011

Russia Buckwheat Pancakes

Photobucket

Russia

I made Krasnye Bliny (Buckwheat Pancakes).

Photobucket

Interesting dish. This is a yeast leavened pancake. It has egg whites whipped till stiff, cream whipped til stiff, butter, sugar, buckwheat flour, milk and yeast. I allowed it to rise twice, then fried.

Photobucket

My recipe made quite a bit. I didn't even finish cooking all of it.

Photobucket

We ate these with a variety of toppings. Jam, jelly, maple syrup, sour cream, and the the following chocolate vodka.

Photobucket

I grated the chocolate and added it a bit at a time to hot vodka until the mixture couldn't hold any more chocolate. In my case, it was 450ml vodka to 275g chocolate.

The consistency at room temperature is similar to Jello pudding. Very alcoholic pudding.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment